Protect Yourself and Respect Others
THE PLAYING FIELD, LANCASTER AVENUE, CAPEL-LE-FERNE, CT18 7LX
Owned by Dover District Council and Leased to Capel-le-Ferne Parish Council.
PLEASE SHARE and PASS ON TO ANYONE WHO USES OUR FIELD and EQUIPMENT.
It is lovely to see many enjoying the facilities at our Recreation Field, Lancaster Avenue, Capel-le-Ferne.
We continually monitor regularly, by remote WiFi, the activities via our new
and additional CCTV high definition cameras on site.
We are especially pleased to see many Keep-Fit groups and individuals,
making use of our Outdoor Gym Equipment, Skate-Park and other areas.
We hope you all enjoy your time at the Recreation Field and politely request
that everyone respects other Park users and the equipment for others to use.
It costs a large portion of Parish Council Precept funds (Residents’ Council Tax),
to keep it maintained to a high standard.
All our equipment is regularly monitored by a trained Councillor.
Defected or damaged items are reported and repairs carried out accordingly.
A few items to note:
• Remember, it is a criminal offence to vandalise or graffiti the equipment.
• While quad bikes, three-wheeled bikes, trail bikes and some other two-wheeled vehicles are built for off-road use, it is against the law to ride them in public parks.
• Ball Games only in game areas. • No dogs in fenced areas.
• No fires, BBQs, Drugs or Alcohol.
• When using skate-park, helmets and other protective gear are recommended.
Do not use the ramps when wet or icy.
• When using the Zip-Wire do not climb on support equipment, stand on seat
or use when wet or icy.
• The junior play area (swings, climbing frame and roundabout etc.,) are for children up to 12 years of age. Older youths should refrain from using.
• Please resist climbing on top of the teen shelter, multi-use goal ends or swing units.
They are fairly high and the Parish Council can not be responsible for injury caused if you fall.
• Please respect the fences and benches, these should not be used as props for exercising,
i.e. jumping off and on, or attaching restraint bands.
This could have the effect of weakening the foundations that attach them to the ground surface.
• Please endeavour to close the gates on the Skate-Park and Junior Play Area.
* If the playground is busy, consider coming back at a later time.
* Talk to your children about this possibility before visiting.
* Wash your hands and your children’s hands before and after visiting.
* Follow and adhere to all current government advice in addition to the above guidance.
Please put your litter in the bins. If bins are full, please take your litter home.
The Parish Council appreciate your help to please respect the area for your enjoyment and that of others.
If you notice equipment defects, please report to 01303 259564.